View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 03:11 AM
Emily
Master Fan

My internet in work is terrible so sorry if there are any mistakes with this thread!

Also there was a great discussion happening in the prev and I didn't want to start a new thread so I'm going to bring the posts over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
Yeah, they've never cheated on each other. She's actually come closer than him- they weren't exclusive to the best of his knowledge at the very beginning and they'd already broken up when he met Natasha, but they WERE together the time she sorta almost hooked up with the caterer guy when she was pissed off at him in S2. I hate the idea that this is something Big deserves- his other marital sins don't automatically build up for THIS marriage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by antisocial (View Post)
I agree I get furstrated with this perception at general sites that Big treated Carrie really badly, and a lot of people seem to have the idea that he cheated on her Big's major flaw was that he wasn't ready to commit to Carrie, but then it's not like he didn't make that clear, and he never strung Carrie along. If anything Big was the one pushing Carrie for a real committment larer on when she couldn't make up her mind between him and Aidan, and begged Big not to take the step of ending things with Natasha

What makes Big and Carrie work for me is that they are so alike. Carrie may think that she wants the committed guy, but she admitted herself that whenever Aidan pushed her for committment she was acting exactly like Big, and deep down it wasn't something she wanted any more than he did.
I completely agree with this I always wondered why Carrie had strived for so much with Big and when Aidan was willing to give her everthing she was pulling away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
I think he gets a bad rap in the BC relationship, too. He wasn't always fully available, but he WAS always honest. He never pretended to be something he wasn't. He gave her monogamy and fidelity when she asked for it. And I think she needed the time and the evolution as much as he did, as much as she may not have felt like it at the time. They weren't meant to get married and have babies a year into their relationship. It's EVERY evolution of their relationship, as well as who they became as individuals, that makes them work so well. Big and Carrie grew together, whereas with every other guy they just grew apart.
I completely agree with this, I know Big is characterized as the 'unattainable' guy that Carrie can't pin down in the early years and by no means am I suggesting he was a saint or perfect for example when he came back from Paris with Natasha I completely lost faith in B/C I was not expecting him to return with a fiance! But he was always honest with Carrie about where he stood in terms of commitment even if it was hard to hear. And I think the time that Carrie & Big spent apart was vital for Carrie to experience other relationships/love and for Big to deal with his 2nd failed marraige but ultimately it was always going to be Carrie & Big.

Last edited by Emily; 04-14-2010 at 03:24 AM