View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 05:30 PM
Tiger33
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiptoes (View Post)
You know reading all those articles about Tessa's injury and what happened in the last 2 years made me appreciate their Vancouver and Italy wins. It must have been really agonizing for both of them during that stage...not knowing what will happen in the future.

And what an amazing comeback for both of them. What I find really sweet is that Scott (and Tessa) never thought of practicing nor getting another partner. That is an unbreakable bond, if ever I saw one

And watching all the videos now to vote ...

Watching them so overjoyed on the podium while belting out Oh Canada, it was all I could think of. There's an article that I can't find where Scott was talking about Tessa and you can see just how concerned he was for her. My only knowledge of her injury is what we've gotten in interviews and articles but I can just picture her trying to skate through pain (like any stubborn athlete) but not wanting to say anything. I'm sure Scott would've recognized that something was off, they've been skating together for so long. It's pretty easy to imagine a heartfelt "what if this is it?" discussion. Something about them during the comeback was just so vulnerable and the contrast to Vancouver makes it even more so.