View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 09:39 AM
Brucas4life
Elite Fan

I wasn't that impressed with the race today, I'm not sure it was the track or the new rules, or a combination of both. Hearing driver's saying they wre holding back to protect tyres rather than racing isn't really what you want to hear, and I didn't think there were hardly any overtaking opportunities on the track. Why they decided to start the season there I don't know.

After qualifying I was concerned about McLaren, they're not bad but they are a bit behind Ferrari, that much is very clear, so I thought Lewis did extremely well to get 3rd place, it's a shame he lost his posiition early on as it would have been nice to have seen if he could have at least put some pressure on Ferrari.

Well done to Lotus for having a driver actually finish the race, I'm really pleased for them.

I liked the refuelling before but I didn't like them weighing all the cars and telling you practically what lap each car would have been coming in on, I liked the surprise element, with teams guessing from times they were running light on fuel etc. I can see the advantages of only using pit stops for mainly tyre changes but there doesn't seem to be so much racing now, at least certainly not today there wasn't.

Vicky