View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 12:38 PM
silver girl
Loyal Fan

Glad to know you got the same impression.

Part two:
31- end of scene- I already posted the beginning- Alicia says don't worry about it, I'm fine. Alicia goes to her office gets on the phone. Kalinda watches her then goes the other way.

32- shot of the immigration building

33- hearing room- Mother is brought in by two guards. Frida calls out mom. Alicia, Frida and Anil are behind the barriers. Mother turns and waves. Alicia says she'll do her best but no promises. Alicia starts towards the guards with Kalinda. Alicia says thanks. Kalinda says hey, her good deed of the year. Mother says thank you to Alicia. Court Clerk says to stand on the lines. Two taped marks are on the floor, Alicia looks oddly at them but does it. Court Clerk says all rise for the judge. A TV screen comes on, the judge is in Miami. The marks are for the video cameras. Judge introduces himself. Prosecutor introduces herself. Says ICE is petitioning deportation for mother. Alicia is trying to catch up. Alicia says your honor mother has lived in America for 26 years. Judge says she's too loud for the microphone. Alicia lowers her voice, lists mother's reasons for staying, says she more than qualifies for adjusted resident status. Prosecutor says she has a copy of mother's application for a driver's license. Alicia and Kalinda: uh-oh. Prosecutor says on the application she checked the voter registration box thus making a false claim of citizenship, a federal offense. Alicia says the forms are confusing and often filled out by rote. Prosecutor says the application clearly states it's a federal offense and mother should be permanently inadmissable as a citizen of the US. Alicia says her ties to America are strong. Judge says she's too close to the microphone again and approves deportation. Alicia says please your honor but the screen goes blank. Mother is led away, she asks Alicia what she should do, calls out to Anil and Frida. They call out mom as she's led out. Alicia turns, that was horrifyingly fast, sees Kalinda then sees Belkin behind her. scene is continued

36- end of scene- Kalinda says mother is illegal. Alicia says with 27 years in this country. Kalinda says 27 years of being illegal. Alicia looks at her and says she would have though she'd be on the other side of this issue. Kalinda asks why. Alicia shrugs and Kalinda smiles. Kalinda says every illegal immigrant steals a spot from a legal one. Cary walks up and says so that's what this is all about. Kalinda says big case, they can't talk about it. Cary asks why, if it's the one Diane had. Alicia says can't talk about it. Cary says okay, asks if she needs help, he's got a break from Sheffrin-Marks. Kalinda says they're fine and he nods, leaves.

37- DuPaul College- cloak room- Court is over and Will changes out of his robe, studies it. Giada asks if he has a moment. Will says sure, asks what she needs. Giada asks what she's doing wrong. Will says he didn't know she was doing anything wrong. Giada says there have been 38 objections and she lost 34. What is she doing wrong. Will says at the moment she's play the ref. Giada nods, smiles, says okay but tell her. Teach her. Will says you want me to tell you why I'm deciding against you. Giada says yes, half of the objections could have gone either way. Will says in her opinion. He asks where she's from. Giada asks if this is important for the lesson. Will says it's important for a life lesson. A judge asks you a question you answer, not with another question. Giada asks why. Will says court is a lesson in humility. And she just came back with another question. Giada says so you're deciding against me because I'm not humble. Will says no he's deciding against her because she's wrong on the law but life is not the classroom and judges decide things all the time based on whim: which attorney they like, they trust. Giada says so you don't like me? Will says she's like a 3 year old with all the questions. He said textbooks go out the window in court. Charm and finesse are as important as logic. Giada says okay, I need to work on my charm. Will says to succeed in court she needs to work on everything. Giada says okay, then what and takes out a notepad. Will smiles, persistent, she reminds him of himself. Will says let's see, cross examination.