View Single Post
Old 06-19-2003, 03:36 PM
Chi159
Master Fan

I think Pavel is nuts. The fact that he is viewed as a young project with great potential was actually working in his favor! Not only will he possibly have to contend with a 20-year-old age limit next year (that would prevent him from entering the draft), but he also has a newfound endocrine problem and is at great risk for ankle/foot injuries in the future. If he does not play well next year in Italy, or suffers a big injury, he’s screwed. Add to the fact that Euro leagues bury young players on the bench no matter how good they are (Darko is a prime example), and this decision makes very little sense. His decision has “Chris Marcus” written ALL over it.

This news definitely sucks for the Raptors because it vastly decreases their trade leverage. I could have seen the likes of Portland trading Sheed for the No. 4 pick and some mixture of filler. That’s not gonna happen now. Pavel’s decision also puts the Bulls in a bad place. That is, if they have their heart set on Dwyane Wade. He and Chris Kaman probably benefit the most from Pavel dropping out.

Scott- Okay, you’re crazy. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I like your optimistic attitude, though. Denver was a great ABA haven back in the day. It would be nice to see the McNugget magic happen again. If it happens, I just think it's going to be a byproduct of the draft, not free agency.