View Single Post
Old 06-17-2003, 11:03 PM
Chi159
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by brim:
<STRONG> They can get the free agents, they just have to convice them to come here.</STRONG>
That's not an easy thing to do. No offense to the city of Denver and its fine people, but it's not exactly considered an ideal destination for NBA players. It lacks the basketball tradition and locale to draw interest from top-flight NBA players. I would be VERY surprised to see an elite player sign with the Nuggets in the next few years. Maybe someone like Gilbert Arenas or Corey Maggette, but that's about it. Otherwise, the only way the McNuggets will be able to put that $ to good use is if they develop their young talent (Skita, Hilario, Melo?) into great players.

GP to Oakland? I would LOVE to see that happen. I'm not a Warriors fan, but I enjoyed the days of Run DMC. Golden State has some nice young talent in JRich, Arenas, Murphy, and Dunleavy. The addition of Payton might not put them over the top, but it's definitely a start. However, for some reason, I'm expecting him to sign with the Lakers. God, I hope not!