View Single Post
Old 05-01-2005, 11:08 PM
DanieTreg
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yossarin
This movie was mostly bad. Hitchhiker was not a love story, so why the triangle happened was a big mistake. It was enough that Arthur and Zaphod met earlier at a party, but it should have ended at that. I didn't buy the romance/jealousy angle and it distracted from the movie. That said, the flashback to how Arthur and Trillian met was histerical. They never showed that scene in the BBC version.

Did you notice the BBC series theme music during the movie title and the BBC Marvin?? I thought it was a great touch.

Ford was miscast. He should have not been a hug monger. I didn't mind that he was african-american, but he didn't have that something that convinced me that it was Ford Prefect.

Sam Rockwell was awesome as Zaphod. the "I'm from another planet" was hysterical.

One plot point that I hated was that Marvin wasn't left on Magrathea to wait millions of years to see the group at Milliways.

The Narrator moments were good, but there should have been more... Too bad people will miss the last one when the aliens will be eaten by a dog.
I guess it needed to have a little love story for the update? It didn't bother me - as a kid I was always a serious Trillian/Arthur shipper!!!

The music from the BBC series was a nice touch, but I think I was the only person on the planet not to notice Douglas' nose! Oh well, seeing it again on Wednesday. Did you all see the BBC Marvin and yell out a cheer?

Mos Def as Ford didn't bother me as much as I though it would. I've always thought of Ford looking like David Dixon (from the TV show), kinda human, but stranger... pity he didn't get the purple-contact lense treatment too.

Sam Rockwell was fantastic! And since we changed the plot around a little, I actually liked Marvin saving the day with the 'point of view' gun!! It would of been funny to have the "I've been waiting all this time in the car park.." line, but oh well, we can't have everything!

I stayed for the credits as I knew something wouldn be missed if I left. That part is so funny... poor dog!

Carla, I LOVE "Restaurant" and I'd so see it if it makes it to a movie!!! (I'm nearly finished that book now... but I know that the "Life" always drags for me).

I'm hearing very mixed reviews... mostly from people who haven't ever heard of Hitchhikers. That's too bad... they've missed out on one hell of a ride!