View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 01:46 AM
topherkraz78
Supreme Fan

Here it is....

The taping story ...of my life and yes The Big Bang Theory as well.

Prepare ..this is long...

After you read everything you will understand the meaning of the title. Lets just say to simplify that I had the best time ever at any other taping I have been to and believe me I have been to a bunch (of other shows) I had everything go my way and I couldn't even believe it! Firsthand I didn't do the tour as I forgot it was tomorrow. So I was first in line and OMG, it's been years since I have been a to taping! I thought was gonna be out in sun to roast! I even bought sunblock but lukily WB has this great feature where there is a holding area and you have access to a vending machine, bathroom and just sit. That it what I did for three hours but when you read this you will also agree it was waaaaaaaaaaay worth it! So got in at about 5:30, did more hurry up and wait. But I did meet some nice people while we were in line so I wanna shout out to them in case they stop by here! Yes I did my part and advertize this site and twitter..lol

Anyway we start at 6p with the pre-taped episode and guess what it was a repeat! And now that I think of it the taping episode had nothing to do with the repeat..hmm. Anyway it was the Gorilla Experiment. After that Marc showed his face and quite honestly I didn't mind him. He embarrassed the hell out me but (more on that later) lol It ended good, trust me!

Intros and then episode. The episode was called “The Medal Resistance” No date on airing but it as directed by your usual suspects of Marc Cendrowski. Written by even more usual suspects of Chuck, Bill and Steve Holland. Only the stars of the show, no guest stars and this episode was based on all of them so it's a SLPHR epi! I know a lot of you would be thrilled to know that!

So let me layout the...layout of the stage. First is you didn't know (shhh don't tell anyone) it's stage 25! Gosh I sure hope Bill isn't seeing this. He'd de-friend me big time! So I was in front row I saw everything. L to R. Now which L and R do you ask? Well if you were sitting facing the stage, it would be YOUR right. Some people get stage right and left mixed up. Well, they simplified it for ya. It was the cafeteria, Penny's bedroom/apartment, the hallway/stairway, Leonard and Sheldon's apartment and another but it wasn't a 'hot set'. What is a hot set you ask? Well what does it sound like? It means a live set. So that is the layout. Now you wanna know the episode?

K. But before I do that let me share with you how they prepare between each take. Kunal jumps around a lot. Jim always has his water and script in hand. Very focused. Johnny looked just pissed at this taping (more on that later as well). Kaley we hardly saw. She looked dejected or sad. And Simon just hangs out or at least he did tonight. Now there were a TON of mess ups between them all but at least most kept their language in check. NOT Kaley! Oy! The atmosphere seemed very distant and you could cut the tension with a knife. Again, later.

Now that I've rambled on and on and on...don't you hate that when people just keep going and don't know when to shut up? Oops doing it again.

The episode in order of filming.
First set was the cafeteria. Raj, Sheldon and Howard were sitting the table and Leonard comes in later but basically it was about that Sheldon won a science award and he had no idea and the guys throw some jabs at him till Leonard sits down and announces who is going to get an award. It shocked Sheldon but Leonard is enjoying every second of his agony. I will tell you that it took about 7 takes. Different angles and the guys were majorly screwing up their lines. First Kunal, then Johnny (who still looked pissed), then Jim and it was like it was contiguous through out the entire episode as everyone had their mess ups. I don't remember a lot of quotes and maybe because I am slap happy at the moment but I will just give you the lowdown.

So we were ready to move on.
2nd scene took place in Leonard and Sheldon's apartment. They had 3D glasses except Raj who was pouting in the corner as the guys enjoyed their movie. It was mainly to tell Sheldon he had to give a speech. He received a call from the Chancellor and so he gave his 3D glasses to Raj. He no longer pouted and joined in the fun with them. There were many takes and pick ups on this one but there was this funny scene where Howard and Sheldon have a jab moment. Again I don't remember quotes right now. Later on a pick up Penny walks in with a cheesecake to congratulate Sheldon, sorta. It turns into another slight insult war with all of them. A lot of screw ups and even some sad news for the Jkers. They were so distant and no interaction at all during breaks. They were on opposite ends of the room a lot and no smiles. Looks like the speculation about these two are indeed correct. Kaley even said the f word a few times. Tsk, tsk! That might've been the longest scene, so many angles and pick ups, retakes so forth. Now I know Johnny and Kaley are professional but at times it was like they forgot that part of the contract. Not sure how to explain it.

3rd scene was in Penny's Bedroom, them making out and 'thinking' of Sheldon. It was short and two takes. They didn't ever interact at all during the breaks. The set was a lil far from us to see much but my 'Stalker' pair, nice people. They go to every episode live every week! I befriended her real fast!

Oh, when I had to use the restroom during one of these takes I met Simon outside while he was smoking. Now I am not a 'starstrucked' type so I proved to the AU pagers I was cool. Just said hello and 'Good to see you.” Simon said it back.

So we had pizza (I didn't. I was feeling weird) Anyway so 4th scene. Hallway-Guy's Apartment
Sheldon is on the phone with his mother and they are going on about i-tunes and a certain song. I can't remember right now what song. He walks in to the apartment to find all four of them sitting waiting for him. They are trying to encourage him to give a speech but he doesn't want to. They talk about X-Men and turn it into Sheldon calling all of them his 'C-men' LOL. Well that was hilarious and it seemed like the atmosphere was much better less knife cutting. It took 5 takes, angles, panning and pickups.

Now here is where I get embarrassed, Marc (MC) asked if there was anyone else who wanted to share why they were such big fans and what their dedication was. Well I had a story so I raised my hand. He freakin' called on me! I did not expect that! So I went over to him and introduced myself as Krysta and gave a shout out to fanforum and my names on twitter and ff. LOL. I told them and this is true that I had been up since 4pm yesterday to see the show. I told him where I was from and what I went through. He wanted me to keep going so I played along and said “bazinga” Bill Prady came over to say, “let's get her some coffee', I thought he was joking at first but no. He asked “How would you like it.” Still thinking I was getting punked I thought it wouldn't happen. Bill smiled and walked away. I played along with it and Marc STILL wanted me to keep going. I was running out of things to say. So I ended it with I would go anywhere BBT went. I got a very nice round of applause and candy and went back to my seat. Minutes later here comes Bill with MY coffee and he shook my hand and smiled.

Back to the real action or acting...

5th scene. Boys Apartment again. Only Raj and Sheldon were in this scene. It was hilarious though because it was a meditation scene that Jim just stole the scene from anyone. He was naming his favorite city prompted by Raj. Sim City. (Duh) and he called his town Sheldonopolis. With SheldonMart he went kraz with it and starting getting into the 'spirit' (if you will) making Raj leave him all alone. LOL. They did that scene about 4 times. Then pickups and light fixings.

6th scene was a playback scene when Sheldon and Penny go shopping together at a Mens store for a suit for the banquet. He tries on the kraz'es outfits and colors. He said “I look like a clown' in a all black suit. (Jim loooked gooooood)

7th scene was at the Guy's apartment with just Leonard and Sheldon and they were acting like psychologists. Making (and I swear it was real) Leonard cry when they talked about how messed up he was from his mother and how angry he was with her. A few takes but it was pretty much the same.

8th scene was probably the absolute funniest, EVER! It was at the banquet and Sheldon (the gang is all there) is to make an acceptance speech. He gets nervous and asked Penny what was in his glass. She said “wine. Drink up.” He gulps it and says “it wasnt strong enough.' he wanted to report it. So Penny gives him her glass. Again he gulps it. Moments later as Leonard is about to introduce him (making his own 'hate' speech about his mother) Sheldon is called up and he is carrying a wine bottle (almost empty by him) Jim knocked this one outta the park! He was not shy (duh) and was totally making a fool of himself.

So the tag was the conclusion of him making a fool of himself. At the Guys apartment Leonard and Penny are in the Pjs having coffee when Sheldon walks in with NO pants. He is discombobulated and asked what happened last night. Obviously he is hungover. So Leonard tells him to watch youtube and stands behind Sheldon as he is watching himself act like such a fool. The vid was feed of him making his speech and then taking his pants off. Then at the end he moons (we dont see it) the entire audience at the banquet and you should see his face when they go live again on his face. Again JP is legend!

So that was it!
Curtain call and I got an autograph from Kunal and met Bill again and shook his hand after thanking him profusively.

I have been to 19 tapings, this was BY far the BEST! I can't believe I have to wait a month! But I WILL be there Mar 30th!

Well I know this is super long but I hope it was worth it! Any other questions PM me but don't expect an answer till at least tomorrow afternoon! It was great entertaining you guys and I hope I can do it again.

GN!

☆Krys ☆