View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 09:51 PM
Miss Kenton
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *KIA* (View Post)
This is really cool. I think I should get me some books in French or Spanish to practice
You speak Spanish? That's so cool!

Quote:
You're right, it's privet it's the informal hi. I can read the alphabet, say my name is and things like that. I have a really good teach yourself book and the first two units were reading words and stuff to get you used to reading it, and then it was saying your name, hello, goodbye and general small talk.
Yeah, I didn't really want to learn the formal stuff since it's not how you would speak with someone, you know? But I can't believe you're learning it from a book! Seems to me like it'd be hard to get the pronunciation right and just much harder than learning it from a teacher or native speaker. But good for you!

Quote:
I've only been doing it since the middle of January so I think I'm doing not bad! It's just so hard getting used to male/female/neuter and formal/informal. There's not a lot of that in English (and if there is I'm so used to it I don't know that I know ) It's wierd to think of things with genders. It's easier than French though, because you can tell by the ending what the gender is, but the grammer is hard.
Hehe, it's the same with Spanish. There's male/female/neuter and I honestly found it harder to learn English than Spanish, though now I of course now English better than my native language.
So you speak French too?

It might not be huge, but I think it's better than the U.S. It's not really big here learning lots of languages.