View Single Post
Old 04-27-2005, 07:12 PM
Subject
Banned

Tonight's episode was great! I really liked it more then I thought I would. It had some true moments. So, let's get to it....

Jack/Katie - I thought the bunny outfit was going to be the highlight but she wore pink for him. It was really sweet that way she asked him out, doing something for him. Taking the stand and not being the typical girl. I guess we all know by now that Katie is not the typical girl. She is so much more. I felt so bad for her the way she found out about everything. Jack should have told her but I understand the conflict. Was it really his story to tell? She was very mad and with every right. Her she was letting down her walls for Jack, someone she thought so much of and he betrayed her like any normal guy. She expected more from him and Jack should have given more for her. He is a guy though and while that is no excuse, she was putting up such thick walls, as in lying about a date that it left him confused as to what was really going on. Katie still has the right-a-way though. Even if your not sure about a relationship, if you really like someone you should honor that and respect it. Justing liking someone can be the best feeling in the world.

Marcus/Courtney - He had to get permission from Jack. It's the only thing he could do in order to ask Courtney out. She understood that. It was hilarious the way he was going through the converstaion in the library. I know I've been there. Even if I only went through with it once... I felt bad that he didn't understand why Courtney began to talk to Jack. No matter how far the relationship between Courtney and himself goes, Jack always was at her heart first. There is no way around that. We know that they don't end up together but it is nice to see him, if only for a breif moment in that episode happy.

Bobby/Grace - I don't think we have ever seen Grace smile more towards Bobby. Such a good episode for them. Grace was trying so hard to make thing fun for him and his friends. She just doesn't understand that Bobby is at the point where he likes girls. History doesn't mean as much as his social calendar. Most parent's forget that about their kids, forget that way of things. Although I'm not sure Grace ever had that way of things... Maybe but it was a long time ago.. The way he ditched her in true fashion. He did it true something that she was trying to express. Beautifula nd smart move on Bobby's part. I know it hurt her feelings but at least he was taking a stand and doing in a way that related to the topic. She must have been at least somewhat proud of that. That way he was standing over the Declaration of Independence and that reflection in the glass. Such a moment to show that we never know how this will turn out in life. How, something as small as a field trip can lead to someone's future.

Crash - For those who really hate Missy, I guess this is an episode of joy for you. Even though I believe that these characters are so real and moving that for even the one's we don't like we feel something more. Marcus didn't have to have a drink and never should have been behind the wheel. However, while he was driving drunk, it wasn't really about that. You never can account for something such as a deer or animal. Somethings just happen, without reason, blame, or purpose. Things happen... that's life... and death.

Future Bobby understood that more. It was good to see Jack (Bobby's son) I just wish it wasn't on those terms. I can so imagine Bobby as Jed on the West Wing. The sorrow that Jed has shown in some darker episodes on WW. Is the same as how I envision Bobby to be in the future.