View Single Post
Old 04-27-2005, 11:26 AM
JudyC
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnsilentMajorty
There is also another Before Sunset thread here for the DVD release as well.

I too love this film *cough, avatar, cough* for precisely the same reasons you mentioned above about how real these characters are and that what they discuss are REAL issues that people in their 20s and 30s experience. No other film(s) have ever been this "real" -- And probably why Hollywood never makes them because they figure no one wants to go to a movie about "real life" -- But that is what makes these films have such a devoted following.

I hope they do a third one just to finish out the trilogy. Especially, since Ethan and Julie are now dating in real life and Ethan is divorced from Uma Thurman and has kids. Talk about life imitating art and vice versa...
Hi USM, I love your avatar.

Hollywood seems to either sugar coat things, or over dramatize. Even Garden State (which you mentioned in the other Before Sunset thread)--it was slick, and I liked the movie a lot, the performances, Natalie Portman's in particular. But for me it seemed like it was trying to say something about a generation, more than it actually DID. And the ending was, unfortunately, contrived.

I love that even though it looks like Jesse and Celine will take a chance at a relationship, they have to deal with some messy issues (Jesse's wife and son, Celine's photographer boyfriend, where to live, etc.)

I didn't realize that Ethan and Julie are dating IRL. That's so cool. Jesse and Celine aside, they seem like a great match, a meeting of minds. In a way, I am afraid of another movie b/c Before Sunset was so incredible. But people thought the same thing after watching the first movie, and the sequel exceeded expectations.

Have you seen Waking Life? I haven't but apparently they have a cameo in that film.

BTW, here is a link to a press conference they did (it's in Windows Media, I think). A reporter even asks him about Uma.

http://62.153.249.21/Ondemand/berlin...en_300.wmv.asx

Judy

icon credit: skje
JudyC is offline   Reply With Quote