View Single Post
Old 04-30-2003, 04:05 AM
jilliek
Master Fan

50 Cent, Biggie, Justin Timberlake On 'Bad Boys 2' Soundtrack

Album will also feature Nelly, Beyoncé and P. Diddy, who's releasing the LP.

by Shaheem Reid

It's only right that the first Bad Boy album to be released off of P. Diddy's new distribution deal with Universal Records be called "Bad Boys."

P.D. called upon some of his buddies to hand in tracks for the soundtrack to "Bad Boys 2," which like the first film stars Will Smith and Martin Lawrence. According to a source in the Bad Boy camp, in addition to new songs by Puff and some artists on his label like Loon, Carl Thomas, Cherri Dennis and Black Rob, 50 Cent, Justin Timberlake, Fat Joe, Nelly, Lenny Kravitz, Beyoncé Knowles, and the Neptunes will all appear on the album, as will the Notorious B.I.G.

The first single is set to be Jay-Z's "La, La, La (Excuse Me Again)," which is a sequel to "Excuse Me Miss." Loon's duet with Kelis, "How You Want That," is slated to be the B-side offering. Both songs are currently being played on the radio and have videos on tap. A director for Jay's clip is still being secured, while Lil' X is locked in to direct Loon and Kelis.

Elsewhere on the LP, 50 Cent's duet with Notorious B.I.G., "The Realest N---as," will finally find an official home. There will also be a 50 and G-Unit posse cut on the soundtrack.

Speaking of mic collaborations, tag-teaming seems to be a popular concept on the soundtrack. Diddy joined St. Lunatics Nelly and Murphy Lee on a track that is still untitled, and he linked with Lenny Kravitz and Pharrell Williams for "Show Me Your Soul." The crooning Neptunes producer is said to rap on his verse. Not to be left out, Foxy Brown guest stars on Mario Winans' "Pretty Girl Bullsh--."

Beyoncé and Justin Timberlake opted to go the solo route, contributing "Keep Givin' Your Love" and "I Love You," respectively. Rounding off the soundtrack will be the club smash "Uh Oh," by 19-year-old newcomer Lumidee, who just signed to Universal/Motown Records, and "Girl, I'm a Bad Boy" by Fat Joe.

While the "Bad Boys 2" soundtrack, due July 15, will be the first release from Bad Boy this year, other albums aren't far off. Dream will drop their sophomore LP on August 12 and Loon's self-titled debut is due August 26. "Bad Boys 2" hits theaters July 18.

This report is provided by MTV News