View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 12:30 PM
Taryn74
Addicted Fan

Oh I never expected Julia as the hero either, and in fact didn't catch on until the look on Andy's face as it dawned on him gave it away. Then I dissolved into tears.

(Interesting random fact - Delia mentioned that Julia always wore pearl earrings. Orthodox Jews don't consider pearls precious because oysters aren't kosher. Not that I'd really expect GB to pay that much attention to something like that, heh.)

Quote:
•This may be even more wildly unpopular than my comment about that Ephram/Madison exchange, but…I don’t think the Amy/Laynie scene regarding the antidepressant revelation is particularly well-written. It’s not the storyline itself or anything, just that that specific scene feels a little bit like one of those “chatty girlfriends” prescription drug commercials (which are…usually for BC, hee, bringing it all back to Madison and Margaret Sanger), what with Laynie outlining the ways in which the meds have helped her. Just a bit clunky, and it really only stands out because the rest of the episode’s writing is so strong.
Oh it's definitely not just you, the scene clunked about as loudly as the Ring when Frodo dropped it on the floor. I almost wish Laynie had given Amy some of them to try out for herself, or something, to make that scene feel like more than a Tonight's episode brought to you by Zoloft! moment. Even if Laynie had just let it slip that Harold prescribed them instead of being all "Want to see the bottle?" it would have flowed better. Bah.