View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 11:11 PM
Stay to the Lights
Fan Forum Star

This episode was okay, although i don't believe it lived up to all the hype they had been promoting this episode to be.
And it was the only last 10 minutes that saved the episode for me.

Sure i liked the Stefan/Bonnie and Stefan/Grams scenes, those were good and i loved Stefan jumping down and then back up from the tomb.
And the DE scenes didn't royally annoy me, i didn't think much of them at all.. kinda boring actually
Everytime i watch the scene when Damon kills Bree, i cannot bare to watch that.. its just so.. ugh..
But Damon DID deserve everything he got when Lee came and ambushed him, beating the crap out of him. I cheered.
Because he can't think that he can do these kind of things and there not to be any reprecautions from it..the people he kills, they have family, girlfriends or boyfriends.. people who might even be vampires wanting revenge like Lee here.
Though i kinda thought the ending.. was a little too easy? Like he just walked away just like that.. Seemed a little bit too anti climax imo. So i kinda hope that we get to see Lee again at some point, even though i won't hold my breath.
And when Lee told Elena about how if you want to be with the one you love forever, then you have to live forever.. i think that.. kinda made her think about some things..

I enjoyed jeremy/Anna, even though i felt some of the scenes were filler for this episode.
But i loved that we saw some flashbacks with Alaric and found out that Damon killed his wife, which explains why he is in town. I can't wait to see what happens with that.

And my favourite scene, is no surprise to anyone i imagine.. is the SE scene. It clears some things up which im sure some of us had been wondering.
As one of the issues in this fandom was that about whether or not Stefan saw Elena as Katherine. And this just showed that he never saw her as Katherine, he has known from the beginning.
I didn't feel it was creepy that he had been getting to know her from afar. And when he revealed that he rescued her from the accident.. gosh, that was so romantic and he is totally the reason she is alive right now.
It all makes sense.
But the shocks didn't stop there, when he revealed that she is adopted. That i didn't see coming at all, but that also does make some sense actually.
But makes me wonder why did her birth parents give her up? and why would her parents not tell her that she was adopted and make sure Jenna not tell her either?

I'm hoping this coming week will be better.