View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 09:31 PM
trucherrygirl
Supreme Fan

I like to write in a mix of genres actually! I love writing romance, but not erotic romance, but more like romance and spirituality combined. I also want to be a fiction novelist and write a series of psychological romance thrillers. I do like writing in the sci-fi/fantasy genre and anything drama related.

I write a lot of fanfiction, mostly Tru/Jack romance/angst/spirituality fanfiction, but my original works cover a variety of topics. I'm a Disability Studies minor, so I like to blog about different disability related issues in TV & film and I'm really interested in feminism and women's rights. In addition to blogging and fanfiction, I also have written original fiction stories and I LOVE scriptwriting. I've written a few short film scripts for my film club, completed a TV spec script for Medium and am working on a TV spec script for Dollhouse. I'd also like to work on other scriptwriting projects. I think I wrote myself too many writing goals for 2010!

I actually am not a fan of my college major as it is mostly history/theory based and I wanna take writing and production courses! But my minor is awesome and I'll be able to take the fun writing and production courses next year... I hope!

How about you? What kinds of genres do you like to write in? Do you write fanfiction or just original works? Do you have a blog?