View Single Post
Old 04-21-2005, 07:41 AM
ruzila
Dedicated Fan

Hey Mal,

what do u mean she was sweet in earlier seasons??? ( ) Look at my comment on the last ep. U might even want to move it here.

I like Lauren. She's not gold like Rebecca but she's pretty good for a teen. It always seems to me when a kid has a disadvantage in any way (disorder, impairment) -they usually have a better outlook on life, they value it differently than most kids. Most kids have NO appreciation for what they have but I think Lauren is not that way. She does value her family. I think she expresses pretty typical and on the lower end of rude teenage behavior. I'm not condoning her being rude but her behavior is not as bad as the norm. Part is her age and part is bad parenting on Amy's behalf, whether inadvertently (not being around because of work and letting Lauren 'get over' because of guilt) or Amy's bad examples (c'mon, i've seen Amy be rude to Maxine plenty of times). No one's perfect but I think Amy tries hard as a parent and I think Lauren's a good kid all in all. Well that's JMHO.

Amy: Why?

Bruce: Partly because I think you're too good for him, too smart, too wise, too complicated, and literally too good.

Amy: You said 'partly'. What's the other part?

Bruce: Something I don't know how to name.