View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 02:14 PM
canflam
I am a basketball genius!

Merry Christmas! Should have put this up earlier, but here's some news from last week.

Credit dailymail.co.uk

Kelly Brook camps it up to play sleeping Beauty in Paul O'Grady's panto

She may be busy staring in the West End Production of Calendar Girls, but Kelly Brook still found time to star in a pantomine.

The 30-year-old was given the leading role in Paul O' Gray's annual panto Sleeping Beauty last night.

Dressed in a medieval yellow and orange costume with renaissance curls piled on top of her had, Kelly put on a suitably camp performance as she joined a host stars in the entertaining show.

Kelly has currently being performing six nights a week i West End Calendar Girls alongside Hannah Waterman and Jay Leeming.

But she managed to find time in her schedule to rehearse fo the colourful production of Sleeping Beauty on the popular Channel 4 chat show.

After sleeping fo a hundred years after being pricked by a spinning needle, Sleeping Beauty is finally roused from her bed by PRince Charming, played by I'm A Celebrity heart-throb Stuart Manning.

The production also starred Loose Women presenter Denise Wlech and EastEnders villian Larry Lamb as Sleeping Beauty's parents and Stephen Fry as the Narrator.

Getting into the panto spirit by dressing in drag was comedian Johnny Vegas, who joined Jo Brand and Lisa Maxwell as the three fairy godmothers.

The panto also featured a tap-dancing cameo from Lionel Blair and panto leegend Jeanette Krankie as the Nanny.

Concidentally, Celia Imrie, who played the Wicked Fairy in last night's panto, played BRookes Calendar Girls character Celia in the film version of the play.

O'Grady's annual pantomine has been a regular Christmas staple of his Channel 4chat show for five years.

While he has cast a host of friends, including Cilla Black and Joan Colins in past productions, the only perament castmember is comedienne

As he prepares for his chat show to blow out this year on Friday, O'Grady decided to organise his panto one final time.

O'Grady announced in October he would be ending the show after channel 4 bosses told him they wanted to cut the estimated 14.3 million pound budget by 60 per cent.

He said at the time: 'It is likely to go at then end of the year. We can't make it on that budget - It would just be me and the dog.

'We'd have to be in a tiny studio, with not more than 30 in the audience, and we wouldn't be able to attract the kind of guests we get now. I can't believe they want to kill it off, but after six years, perhaps I have to move on. It is such a shame.'

Last edited by canflam; 12-24-2009 at 02:44 PM