View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 03:04 PM
MegaJ
Extreme Fan

Degrassi Episodes: Top ten favorite/Top ten least favorite

Well, there IS a thread like this it's more random. (And apparently, I can't use the search function...) I just it would be fun to compare lists of everyone's favorite episodes to least favorite and just see what people like in this show. And of course, this is meant to be fun so I'll ease on the bashing. Without further ado:

My Top 10 LEAST favorite episodes:

10. Total Eclipse of the Heart - I don't mind episodes about Marco's sexuality, mean after all would all the relationship-y episodes of Degrassi be shoving their heterosexuality in our faces? However, it's really the Dylan episodes that has Marco's character development screeching to a halt. This episode reaches the top of my most hated Marco/Dylan episodes and I just wish Marco just left the guy behind in Moonlight Desires.

9. Got My Mind Set on You - I'm guessing this was the writers' experiment to see if Danny and Derek can carry an episode. Just judging their roles afterward, it's safe to say the experiment didn't work.

8. Eye of the Beholder - Even by season one standards, this one is pretty bad. Pretty of cringe-worthy stuff here.

7. The Power Of Love - Wow, way to cap off the season guys, a Joey/Caitlin plot. Nothing wrong with the adults getting time on Degrassi, but this just wasn't good or interesting at all and the silly thing with the fire....Sean's suplot with Snake pretty much saved this one from being lower.

6. If You Leave - Emma at her worst. Horrendous followup episode to JT's murder, and shouldn't it be TOBY feeling this way? Why does Emma had to be the focal point of that episode? Didn't she already get enough time with Sean that season?

5. Foolin' - An episode where JT and Liberty do nothing except b---h at each other for 22 minutes? Where's my popcorn? Oh and shut up Liberty.

4. Never Gonna Give You Up - A bad, bad omen to things of what was to come.

3. Bark at the Moon - Ladies and Gentlemen, the MOST POINTLESS EPISODE IN DEGRASSI HISTORY. Let see - Paige and Mr. Oleander were kaput at the beginning of season five and it was just a plot point for Manny vs. Paige. Manny/Spinner were kaput after only a couple of episodes and we never saw them together. And Chester (yuck) was gone after the season. Pointless.

2. Back in Black - After the greatness that was Time Stands Still...THIS follows it? THIS? REALLY? REALLY? Oh and a good reminder to why this show should never do anything stunt-related. I can't believe there was a director that looked at that Jet Ski scene and said: "Okay, leave it in." Maybe they were behind schedule.

1. Turned Out - This episode just wasn't bad to me, it was downright irritating. Just the whole tone of the episode just really, really, really annoyed me. To JT's backstory being retconned, to Liberty's repugnant attitude toward JT, to so much stuff being crammed in the episode, it was just a low point in the series for me and it took JT being STABBED AND DYING to wash away all my bad feelings towards Jiberty. Oh, and didn't I tell you to shut up Liberty?

0. Don't Dream It's Over - This episode does not deserve a number. That would imply it had worth. I can't cannot put into words how much I disliked this episode. I...I...really, really, really hate it. Well, I guess it DID have ONE redeeming factor: