View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 10:24 AM
Sansa
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Even though I prefer it would have been Quinn or Puck, I'm glad Rachel did it. I'm glad he trusted her enough to believe it and not lash out at her and accuse her of something. I think that's a benefit of Rachel telling Finn, we now know he completely trusts her.
I would have preferred that, too, for Puck or Quinn to tell Finn... but I think, after Ballads and Hairography, when Quinn KNOWS she won't only be affecting his life now, but also his mom's and still doesn't tell him the truth, that it won't be Quinn giving that secret up. Especially Hairography. Finn is not the best option for the father, but compared to the disappointment she got with Puck, she is surely going to take that secret to the grave with her.

And then Puck.. yeah. He won't be telling Finn because telling him means he should be willing to take responsibility for the child and his mistakes, and Puck, no matter how much he wants to say he wants to take care of the child, isn't ready to take that responsibility as indicative of how he bailed on Quinn. He's also not ready to own up to his mistakes, he wasn't even remorseful or sorry for playing a part in the lie.

Anyway, even if it is selfish for Rachel to tell Finn, everyone else was being selfish. The rest of the Gleeks didn't want to tell Finn because it ruins their chances at sectionals, while there's Rachel, who has been SOOO focused on her ambition and her goals since episode 1, told Finn the truth even though she knows it will also affect her dream of becoming a star.