View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 05:59 PM
*OldHollywoodStarlet*
Fan Forum Hero

I'm sooo GLAD to find this thread. I felt kind of alone with my love for Jared and Melanie. I loved them from the beginning and was sad, but not shocked that they aren't as loved as the other ship. They just rock by themselves and together. They are my OTP when it comes to "The Host". I hope Stephenie writes a lot of them in the two other books she plans to write.

Can I Please be added to the list?

I'm exited and nervous about the film adaption, but Stepehnie is working really close with the project and people who are working on it seems to REALLY care about it.

Personally I don't like the idea of Sophia Bush playing Mel, but I'm good with Jensen Ackles and I love the idea of Chris Pine playing Jared too. I have heard that they might go with unknowns.

Also I read that there will be a paperback release of the book with an extra chapter. Some thought it might be for the next book, but I wonder if it will be that reunion scenes between these two that Stephenie has said she might do. I so want to read the reunion scene.

I'm sure someone can do better, but I thought I bring this over. I did this a while ago and I'm sure they aren't all of them.

"Melanie will always be mine and I will always be hers." - Jared

"If I got to pick anyone, anyone at all, to be stranded on a deserted planet with, it would be you." - Melanie

"It was a miracle - more than a miracle - when I found you, Melanie. Right now, if I was given the choice between having the world back and having you, I wouldn't be able to give you up. Not to save a billion lives." - Jared
That's wrong" - Melanie
"Very wrong but very true." - Jared

From the mouth of the whole, Jared's low, rough voice - broken and strangely childlike - asked, "Mel?" - Jared

" She's gone?" Muted agony in his voice - Jared

"Melanie Stryder!" It was so loud in my ear, a growl that was almost a shout. "You will not leave me. Don't you love me? Prove it! Prove it! Damn it Mel! Get back here!" - Jared

He started to laughing. "That's my girl" - Jared

"I'm warning you, Mel," Jared said, still smiling widely. Teasing. "You better stay right here. I'm not making any guarantees about what I will or won't do to get you back" - Jared

Melanie beside him, and Jared behind her, his hands around her waist. I knew that his hands would never feel right unless they were touching her body. That he would keep her close as he could forever, hating any inch that came between them.

Melanie and Jared had kicked Jamie out of their room and into Ian's before I'd been reborn in Pet's body; Jamie wasn't so young that they'd needed to give him any excuse.

Jared was leading the raid, as usual, so it went without saying that Melanie was included.

ETA: This a great site for these two.

Jared and Melanie Community

Last edited by *OldHollywoodStarlet*; 11-16-2009 at 06:55 PM
*OldHollywoodStarlet* is offline   Reply With Quote