View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 05:13 PM
Brucas4life
Elite Fan

Joe is still my favourite, beautiful song choice, it really suited his voice. I don't care about the comments saying he is more suited to musical theatre. I would take that as a compliment, but there is no reason why he can't be a pop star too. I would buy an album with his voice on tomorrow if I could.

I was so glad to see Stacey move about more. I understand she is shy, and it's one of the reasons why people love her so much, they can relate to her, but it's good to see her gaining more confidence and upping her game. I wasn't mad about the song choice but I thought it was quite a good performance.

I didn't really care about Lucie's song either. I've never seen that film, or heard the song before, and I can think of quite a lot of songs that would have been better for her. I think she has so much potential, and that song was just average. I do really like her though, and think she has a great voice.

Lloyd needs to go home. It's painful to watch, I don't know if he just can't sing or if it's nerves or what. But each week seems like such an ordeal, having to sit through his performance as he attempts to reach notes he can't get it, or listen as he sings out of tune, it's painful. Personally I think if he was going to be on the live shows then he needed another year, maybe two. He's not strong enough vocally or mentally to deal with it all.

Jamie I feel bad for. He is really talented but I do feel out of Simon's three he gets the raw deal. I think Unchained Melody would have been a disaster, it's such a predictable song choice from Simon, he focuses so much on Danyl, comes up with songs that would suit Olly and his personality, and yet when it comes to Jamie Simon just doesn't seem to get him. I hope Jamie picks his own songs from now on as he seems much better at it.

Olly - I love. He's so consistent. He's a natural performer, probably the most natural on the entire show, he just has it. My only fear for him is that Simon is steering him in one direction and giving him songs that are very similar every week. Obviously you need to play to people's strengths, Olly has such a charm, he's got a unique style, and you don't want to take that all away, but I don't think we've seen the best of Olly. I would like to see him sing a song that tested his voice more and allowed him to show people what he can do.

Danyl - it was better this week. But I just still don't like him. I don't think I'm going to. As somone mentioned, all these changes he's doing, it just makes it feel like an act, he's trying to act not cocky. It's difficult, because whatever he does people are still going to find fault, myself included. All he can do is go out and keep on trying to win people over and sing his heart out.

John and Edward were hilarious, as soon as I heard they were doing Ghostbusters i knew it was going to be good. And they didn't disappoint. Can they sing? No. Can they entertain? Absolutely. They definitely bring fun to the show. Having said that, I don't want to see someone I like, and who is really good, go, and them stay.

I'm trying to ignore most of the judges comments atm. I feel like there are so many games being played. And I've gone from someone who usually agreed with Simon's opinions or at least saw where he was coming from to not being able to take him seriously at all. He has become the worst one imo. He gives all of his acts standing ovations. There was me thinking a standing ovation was saved for something truly amazing, an unforgettable performance. I don't think we've had that yet this series, and yet based on Simon we've had three every week. And then I feel like he tries to bring down the other acts and comments about stupid things. For instance with Joe last week when he had those two dancers in the background, okay so I was wondering what they were doing and wishing they would focus more on Joe, but Simon spent more time criticising what the two dancers were doing than he did actually talking about joe's performance or vocal. And yet isn't he the one who keeps saying they should focus on the singing?

Vicky