View Single Post
Old 05-01-2004, 10:21 AM
Half of Myself
Part-Time Fan

Silver Oar Awards 2004

OK peoples, after some extensive organising over at the FanFiction Board, i'm proud to announce that there's going to be a Silver Oar Awards 2004!!!!

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img]Rules [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]
1. Only stories written or published after SOA3 (April 7th 2003) are eligible to be nominated.
2. Please nominate/vote only once. We realise this is hard to enforce but we trust the YA readers to honour the system.
3. A story needs three nominations to make it on the nomination list.
4. While nominating, you can leave as many fields blank as you want.
5. While voting, you can only leave two fields blank.
6. The best feedbacker category is optional, so if you leave this field blank, it will not count as one of your two blanks.
7. Unfinished fics (at the nomination deadline date) are only eligible for the Best Unfinished Fic category.
8. Any Original Character (who hasn't won the category previously) is eligible, as long as at least one story with him/her has been written after SOA3 (April 7th).
9. In the case of episodic fan fiction (New Beginnings, Nicky's YA Episodes), each 'episode' is considered a separate story. If you want to nominate an episode for Best UC Couple Story, Best CC Couple Story or Best Character Portrayal, please name the couple/character.
10. The following couples are considered Conventional Couples (CC). Every other pairing (including slash and couplings with original characters) is an Unconventional Couple (UC):
Jake/Hamilton
Bella/Scout
Bella/Will
Will/Caroline
Paige/Scout

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img]Categories [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]
Best Conventional Couple Story
Best Unconventional Couple Story
Best Multi Couple/Other Story
Best Character Portrayal
Best Original Character
Best Angst/Saddest Story
Best Short Story
Best Overall Story
Best Unfinished Story
Best Author
Best Feedbacker(optional)

The nomination period started yesterday, and ends on May 16th, so get your nominations in ASAP, to Silver_Oar_Awards_2004@hotmail.com

[ 05-05-2004: Message edited Half of Myself ]

...Just be.