View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 01:33 PM
Taryn74
Addicted Fan

I was almost dreading rewatching this episode because Colin breaks my HEART so badly in this one. In the truck, looking for the list so he can get through the homecoming walk, and the hand.....gah.

*breathe*

Also, I have to endure a lot of Shutup Carl, which is never a good thing.

Anyway.

I feel so terrible for Nina in this one, even more so than when she finds out Shutup Carl is gay. Here she's still thinking her husband just does not want to be with her and she doesn't understand why. I can't believe he just stands there and looks at her with no expression while she cries and screams "You are nothing that I need!" and then says it's time for them to head to the game. Nina, WHAT DO YOU SEE IN THIS CREEP? Seriously?

Speaking of Nina and the game - why was she dressed up so nicely for a basketball game? That always throws me.

We didn't have homecoming when I was in high school, but does the Queen and her court really just go out there wearing whatever? I thought they wore prom dresses and stuff.

Quote:
I don't think they spend nearly enough time showing the pregame dance routine. Really, 67 minutes just isn't enough.
Hee! I agree.

Harold really is such a great dad. I love that the things that make him the most proud are when his kids are being really thoughtful and just good people. I thought his talk with Bright about how it's ok to be good without Colin was great too. They talk about Colin as though he's dead. Really fits in well with Colin's Bob the Second speech.

I *heart* Delia telling Andy that Julia used to yell at Ephram all the time, but not her because she's easier to handle. Heeeeeeee.

Something I don't understand - did Nina (or maybe it was SuC) really say that they had only been married six years? Or did she mean that he only became a travelling salesman six years ago? Because when SuC was retelling the championship game story he mentioned that he and Nina were dating at the time, and that was nineteen years earlier. I can't imagine that they dated for thirteen years before getting married. Unless she's a LOT younger than he is. Which would make his basketball story really disturbing.

"You totally pulled the sympathy vote, but whatever." SHUT UP AMY'S FRIENDS. They are the epitome of everything I hated about high school.
Taryn74 is offline   Reply With Quote