View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 07:03 AM
~AnastasiaGrey~
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shnicky (View Post)
The danger in becoming a vampire, yes Lynn That's one thing that Twilight lacked. The danger that she had written there were more of on the breaking the truce that they'd set up with the wolves, and also danger from other vampires. There's not much danger with natural forces like nature, sunlight, etc. There wasn't any danger about other people finding out.

What I like with VD is that it did have that dark air that vampire stories have. They can't go out on the sun without the ring, can't get inside another person's house without invitation, they can morph into another animal provided they are strong enough, the blood exchange to be a vampire, the feeding on human to ve stronger. I want those dark stuff. It makes the story much more complex.

In Anne Rice's vampires, they also need to drink the blood of their maker to be a vampire. They also die from sunlight unless you are an ancient one.
I mean I hope no one was getting the impression that I was getting defensive of twilight or anything I just think that the whole genre of vampiresm is so huge that there is so many different elements that authors can take with it that everyone can enjoy different aspects of the storytelling.

VD is more dark and edgy and it appealing because they deal with the dark characteristics of the characters alot more then twilight does. I mean twlight does but its more on their humane side of it which can be good too. I think twlight has the danger element but since it is told from Bella's POV then its going to be a bit different.