View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 03:45 AM
MissDK
Master Fan

So, I have read about vampires in Twilight, VD and just vampire mythology on wikipedia etc.

First of all - I am not a Twilight fan, and I have a lot of issues with it, but I will keep a nice tone
I didnt think that sparkling in the sunlight was a very good idea, because in my world vampires are dark creatures, creatures of the night and that is basically one of the biggest reasons I absolutely love vampires, that makes them so mysterious and intiguing.

In VD I really loved how the vampires needed the rings to survive in sunlight, because that worked out just fine with the mythology of vampires who only live in the night. And the ring was like a tool to keep them from dying in sunlight which is not a natural "environment# for them as vampires.
Another thing that made me so happy about vampires in VD is that Damon seriously doesnt care about anything but himself and he feeds on people. That it makes him stronger. Sucking people's blood is kind of what a vampire is all about, or one of the major things, because vampires have a lot of other qualities.

What do you think about when you hear the word 'Vampire'?
The first thing I think of, is someone extremely handsome and seductive, seducing young women so he can drink their blood in the middle of the night.

And the last thing in this post I have to say is, that I LOOOOVE the idea of vampires not being able to enter people's homes without being invitied. That's a brilliant idea. It's like when you invite a vampire in to your house, it's kind of your own fault, YOU invited the "evil" inside, so you can either deal with it or run away - if you can