View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 11:00 PM
'Tos
Master Fan

It's really interesting that Harold never really impacted his children to be all that active in religion. Since he is the kind of parent that likes projects and plans and schedules, I have to believe that he must have tried to get them interested when they were younger (*imagines comedic church outings*). Especially Amy. But she turns out the the complete opposite to him in this regard. Huh. I just find it fascinating that Harold is such an amazing farther, and yet he doesn't end up impacting his children when it comes to religion. He does with a lot of other issues, of course, but not one that is pretty darn important to him. In fact, you look at the whole family, and Harold is absolutely isolated. Edna isn't over religious, and as has been pointed out, neither is Rose. What's going on here? Heh. It's very odd that Harold doesn't impact a single person around him when it comes to religion. I think it's because he encourages and promotes his children to be as independent as they can (something that Amy definitely does), so maybe beyond some attempts when his kids were younger, he stopped pushing at a certain point?
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood