View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 08:47 PM
everwoodfan52
Fan Forum Hero

The Abbotts were Catholic....but the only time that we saw a Catholic Church was when Harold went to Confession after performing the Abortion.
I believe that Harold was a good Catholic....appeared to follow it's code of conduct as far as morals were concerned...especially when it involved his children. Of course he did have a double standard when it came to Bright.
Harold was against Abortion and the only reason that he performed abortions in the past was to keep a promise to his father. He gave up the practice until he needed to help out Andy.
Amy was not a good practicing Catholic. I'm sure that she attended Church with her family...(although it seems that everyone attended Reverend key's church)>
She didn't, however, follow the doctrines of the Church....she believed/engaged in Pre-marital sex and she believed in Abortion. She also believed in gay rights (unfortunately, that is not on the Church's approval list.)
I don't believe that Bright believed in any organized Religion. He just wanted to have a good time.
I'm not sure about Rose. What do you guys think?