View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 05:15 PM
Taryn74
Addicted Fan

OK I'm skipping over a couple of eps in my posts because hubby and I just watched Turf Wars and Is There a Doctor in the House last night.

'Tos, you are definitely not alone in the Jacob hate. I spend most of these two eps wanting to smack his teeth back into his head. I don't have a problem with his anger toward Andy, because it's absolutely true that for the first several years Andy neglected Julia and their children, but Jacob came to EW with an agenda and he refused to sit back and watch long enough to see that Andy realized his mistakes and was honestly trying to do better. All of the "Even the new Andy?" snips Jacob made to Ephram were just completely unnecessary and did nothing but further strain an already strained relationship.

Moving on.

Forgive me if I mix up the two eps a little. We watched them back to back so they kind of blur together.

Edna v. Nonny - that was pure gold. I love how even though they were so vastly different and didn't mind snipping at each other, they were still able to bond over their shared loved for Delia.

I know Amy is probably hated for her "Maybe you should move on, Ephram" but I think she had a point and he needed to hear it. That's not to say I didn't cheer him on for throwing it back in her face later in the grocery store, hee.

Colin's mom - MAN I really hated her in this episode. Did she just so totally forget that it was AMY that got the ball rolling for the surgery and it was AMY who took a four hour bus to Denver every weekend to visit a boy who didn't even know he was still alive? Yes Amy needed to back off a little bit and let Colin come into things more slowly, and yes Amy spending the night at the hospital was a little much, but she was downright cruel and it just wasn't necessary.

I really, really hated the MEoW story in this episode. Gastric bypass is NOT a surgery that's to be taken lightly, and contrary to popular belief not every fat person has one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel. Andy didn't even do any health testing on the guy, he just took one look at him and made a decision. Grrrr.

Reading about Hebrew school in the religion thread, I realize that they missed a good opportunity for Nonny or Jacob to bring up Hebrew school for Delia. Even if Andy didn't know she should be going, they certainly would have and it would have seemed a little less like they were only there to take Ephram away, if they had brought up that there was something more Andy should be doing for Delia too. Ah, well.