View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 01:19 PM
GrhmLz
Fan Forum Hero

For me, lol, I've totally always been into the scifi/paranormal element of shows. So what got me hooked into Roswell? My sister pushed me to watch and also the storyline concept for Max and Liz in season one hooked me. I was still young - going on twenty one at the time; however, I was still very much a romantic at heart and I loved the idea of mixing the alien theme with a love story shared between two characters who closely resembled "soulmates." My sister and I actually found this fandom through the "Crashdown" site which we regularly frequented for spoilers and the like, lol.

In addition to the romance story - I'm very big on the mystery suspense element that season one Roswell also brought to the screen. Roswell came across very "X-files meets the most romantic couple I've ever encountered in television history" like, LOL. Of course, as the series progressed - there are alot of elements I don't like at all and can be downright critical of; however, the essence of the show and what it use to be still lives on in my memory (and on my DVDs hehe). It was the first show I was so downright passionate about and I can still remember the days spent here praising, debating storyline CHADS, and venting with tears of frustration through my eyes out on this show as a whole. It was all part of the Roswell experience.

Seriously, Roswell may not have had more than three seasons - a shorter life compared to many other shows; however, it carries a flame on a torch that will never burn out. I also may not have been able to see everything turn out the way I wanted/expected but the show will always hold my heart just for the simple fact that it launched so many possible directions for the fans to take their minds into. And now - we have a wonderful realm of Roswell fanfiction out there. I live by it now and that wouldn't have been possible without the show.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
GrhmLz is offline   Reply With Quote