View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 04:33 PM
'Tos
Master Fan

Any other rewatchers? Or is it just an episode that nobody has any interest in actually rewatching? Because I wouldn't hold it against any of you if that's the case, heh. As long as ya'll are interested in the next one, because ooh is it a goodie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty
After Laynie made the remark about Colin planning to break up with Amy...I just want to strangle Ephram for the way he responded to her. How obvious could he be?!
Poor Laynie....she deserved so much better.
She really did. Laynie had just talked about Ephram's feelings for Amy, and Ephram had JUST denied it, and then he goes nuts and stupid proving that he lied. Gah.

Quote:
Cute scene: Toward the end of the episode...Ephram and Amy walking down the school hall talking about the fit of jeans. Ephram looked especially adorable in his Diesel pants and Brooklyn jacket.
Glad you mentioned it. They're great here.

I agree with your take on Andy/Madison, Michelle, although I do hold Andy to some responsibility. He just comes off so poorly, but you're absolutely 100% right that nothing that Andy could have done should have stopped Madison from making a different choice. That wasn't up to Andy, that was up to her, and she chose to go along with him.

Quote:
LOL! You're right on all accounts. I believe another thing this showed was Amy's still ever present immaturity. The irony is she had to go through so many grown up issues in season 1 and season 2 and how did she respond to them more times than not? Just like a normal, very young teen would... incredibly inappropriate without the maturity level TO handle these issues. That is why I give Amy a break in seasons 1/2. Some people dislike her, thinking that she was just this mean person at times but the psychology behind her behavior is so in play here. She acted this way because this girl was dealing with problems and issues most adults never have to deal with, let alone having to deal with them with a very immature, DEVELOPING mind that just wasn't ready to handle things appropriately... thus you saw the mean treatment of Ephram in season 1, the mean treatment sometimes towards Harold in season 2, etc. That is not to say that Amy holds zero responsibility for her actions, of course she does. However, if you go with straight psychology this girl had A LOT on her plate and she was not filled with the appropriate means to handle these issues as best as she could have due to her young age and inability to grasp them in a way that would have displayed more adult-like behavior.
Yes, yes, and more yes. Which is why S3 and her maturity there is SO great. We were all waiting for that moment where she walks down the stairs for her graduation at home for Rose, you know? She had so much going on with Colin and post-Colin, and it did affect her, but she pushed through and became such a strong and mature character in S3, so it was all worth it to get the Amy we got then.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood