View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 03:02 PM
ShadowMagist
Loyal Fan

I really liked the Nina/Carl story in this episode...well, most of it. The scene in MJ's with the basketball story kind of dragged, but it did pretty much spell out how beloved Carl was to the town and paralleled Colin's story(sort of).

When Nina starts in on the sports store and how happy she is to see everything coming together only to have him stomp all over them...it's sad. Stephanie played that beautifully. And then the fight scene. She and Dylan had great chemistry there. I was almost sad that we didn't get to see as much of that dynamic. Almost.

Loved the Bright and Harold dynamic. The quotes posted above never fail to amuse.

Colin's "Bob the second" story was well done. The writing was really strong here. Joan Binder Weiss should've stayed with the show past season 2. This episode, We Hold These Truths, and Daddy's Little Girl(co-written with Rina) were all very strong efforts.

I consider her to be part of the second tier, big 3. Along with John E. Pogue and David Hudgins.
Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views.

-Squall Leonhart
ShadowMagist is offline   Reply With Quote