View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 08:40 PM
ShadowMagist
Loyal Fan

I'm to be in the minority, but I liked the Evelyn character. Sure she had a bit of an ego and her treatment of Any when he came to her home was a bit pointed, but there was something about her that was really endearing. Maybe it was the actress. But when she told Andy that was gonna be great...I dunno what it was, but it moved me. And then at the end of the when she was watching the play go up and Irv's narration was closing up, I thought it was a great way to finish the episode. This was another instance of the narration and score really heightening an episode. It's not a terribly important one, but it's very enjoyable. Mimoun comedy at its finest.

I really liked though, how she broke the Ephram/Colin story. Like Betty pointed above, Ephram's shyness and uncomfortableness really shone through. I was pretty much neutral on Ephram blowing up at Colin though--between Amy saying they have nothing in common to Bright forcing things, I see why he yelled. Colin didn't deserve to be on the recieving end of it, but it happens. And things get better...for awhile anyway.

The whole "E" thing cracks me up. Of course it was Bright! Bright and Ephram in the gym picking teams also brought the funny. Gregory played annoyance and distrust so well there!

Quote:
I'm not sure it has to be inconsistent that Andy can't remember his lines -- memorizing a textbook is one thing, but memorizing something and then delivering it before an audience, in the guise of a character, might be something else entirely. [/attempt to absolve the writers of narrative wrongdoing].
This.

Another injoke that I really loved was in Season 4 as well, with Eugene being a Newsweek guy and sort of slamming Time, which gave the show a bad review. And then thinking about the Pilot commentary, it just cracks me up. Heh.
Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views.

-Squall Leonhart