View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 12:43 AM
'Tos
Master Fan

Glad to have you back, ChibiT!

Quote:
So this episode is one of EW’s attempts to address the real life issue of Ritalin and medicinal marijuana. That’s one of the many themes of the show: exposing a perspective by reflecting off the characters. By Dr. Abbott’s change of heart from the protestor in the town hall to offering the pot to the old dude, we can see these issues in a new light. That’s what makes EW so good; it’s always showing us these new perspectives.
Agreed, big time. It's especially well done when Dr. Abbott or Dr. Brown is used for those perspectives and sides.

Quote:
Ephram’s reaction to Andy coming to his room reflects that Andy is growing on him. From saying, “What!” then quickly apologizing and asking what Dadio wanted…. It’s these subtle changes that if you notice, you see the characters growing in front of your eyes.
Agreed again. Ephram never would have apologized in the pilot for doing the same thing. In fact, he has done worse things in previous episodes without even considering to give an apology. Although I'm really glad that he did apologize, because man he was such a punk kid before he felt bad and apologized.

And I think I'll be the only one liking most of the Colin stories. I feel so alone!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote