View Single Post
Old 07-18-2009, 03:10 PM
-Michal-
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread Chastidy

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondmolls (View Post)

I am so glad they are bringing on Coopers dad. Especially with this kind of backstory. It explains so much about his character. It really shows why he is so screewed up.
I am so excited about Copper's dad storyline! I can't wait to learn more about Coop I'm thinking Ben's dad might be the one defending Coop's dad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastidy (View Post)
I was also wondering if they will continue to focus on Ben's family as well. I really want to see more of him and his dad.
From TVguide:

Scoop on 24, CSI: NY, 90210, Lost, and More | Mega Buzz - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

I became a fan of Southland during its short run on NBC last season. Do you have anything on what we can expect in Season 2? Will we get more insight into Officer Sherman's relationship (or lack thereof) with his father? — Jocelyn
TIM: Southland's writers baited very beautiful little traps to draw us back each week, and Ben's backstory is among the most alluring. We'll definitely find out more about the dynamic he shares with his big-shot defense lawyer dad, as well as whether Det. Clarke survived that out-of-nowhere shooting. I'd follow this show to hell — or even to Friday night, as the case may be.

From tvfanatic:

Southland Season Two Spoilers: Ben's Backstory, Clarke's Fate - TV Fanatic

Southland Season Two Spoilers: Ben's Backstory, Clarke's Fate

Southland got off to a solid ratings start during its inaugural run on NBC, only to flame out as the season ended and find itself relegated to Friday nights in the fall.
Still, loyal viewers were rewarded with a handful of intriguing storylines as Southland drew to a close, two of which will be heavily focused on when the show returns.
According to senior editors at TV Guide, Ben Sherman's backstory, specifically the dynamic he shares with his defense lawyer father, will be expounded upon in season two.
Also, fans will discover the fate of Detective Clarke, who was shot in the May finale.
By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion... They carried us away in captivity requiring of us a song... Now how shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?