View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 05:36 PM
Chastidy
Elite Fan

Southland S&S #1

Southland Speculation and Spoilers

SOUTHLAND – Season 3 premieres Tuesday, Jan. 4, at 10 p.m. (ET/PT)
This critically acclaimed drama series takes viewers directly to the streets of LA to present an intensely personal, first-person look at cops and detectives on the beat. The extraordinary series – starring Michael Cudlitz (Band of Brothers, A River Runs Through It), Shawn Hatosy (Alpha Dog), Regina King (Ray, Jerry Maguire) and Ben McKenzie (The O.C.) – defied the odds when an outpouring of support from fans resulted in the series finding a home on television’s premier drama network. The series has redefined the police drama genre with its a raw, authentic look at the lives and work of detectives and beat cops. Shot on location in the streets and neighborhoods of Los Angeles, SOUTHLAND captures a realistic, natural environment where similar situations can and often do occur in real life.

SOUTHLAND is from John Wells Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television. Created by Emmy winner Ann Biderman (NYPD Blue, Public Enemies), the series is executive-produced by Biderman, Emmy winner Chris Chulack (ER, Third Watch) and Wells. Chulack is also a primary director of the series.

TNT will launch the third season of "Southland" on Tuesday, January 4 at 10:00/9:00c, sources at the network have confirmed to the site exclusively.

3.02 - “Punching Water” – Premieres Tuesday, Jan. 11th at 10 p.m. (ET/PT)

Promo: Here
Sneak Peak: Here
Stills: Here
Written by:
Directed by:

3.03 - “Discretion” – Premieres Tuesday, Jan. 18 at 10 p.m. (ET/PT)

Promo:
Sneak Peak:
Stills: Here
Written by:
Directed by:

3.04 - “Code 4” – Premieres Tuesday, Jan. 25 at 10 p.m. (ET/PT)

Promo:
Sneak Peek:
Stills:
Written by:
Directed by:

Information and Snippets

*Where will season 3 pick up? "Pretty much right where we left off," Cudlitz said. The only other thing he'd spill about the first three scripts was something about a big North Hollywood shoot-out. Can't wait for that ...

*Hatosy talked a bit about last season's 'What Makes Sammy Run?,' saying that there's definitely more of his backstory, his relationship with Tammy and some cool action stuff coming soon.

*Also at the party: Arija Bareikis (Officer Chickie Brown), Michael McGrady (Det. Daniel "Sal" Salinger) and Tom Everett Scott, whose injured Det. Russell Clarke got back into the action as Lydia's partner in last season's finale. Here's hoping his attendance means Russell is back for good ...

*Jenny Gago has joined the cast of TNT's Southland, TVGuide.com has learned. The 25-year film and TV vet will recur as Detective Josie Ochoa, a take-charge investigator partnered with Detective Lydia Adams (Regina King). She's been shot in the line of duty and is a tough mother of several sons. Josie's Latina culture gives her a unique perspective on cases that changes the way Lydia thinks about her work.

Read more: Spoiler TV

General News:

Do you have any scoop on the upcoming season of Southland? —Autumn
Ausiello: It premieres in early January, and there’ll be a new face on the force. The show is casting the role of a Latina cop who is impulsive, no-nonsense, and occasionally annoying. She’s also, and I quote, “not gorgeous, but real.” I’d hate to be the actress who gets recommended for that role.

Have you heard anything about the new season of Southland? — Brandon

ADAM: I have, indeed. Look for a sexy redhead to catch Ben Sherman's eye. Unfortunately, it's only after Ben hooks up with the possibly recurring character that he learns of her long history of flirting her way into cops' beds.

So glad Southland is back so I can have my weekly dose of Ben McKenzie!!! Can we get some scoop to celebrate? — Steph
Next week, Ben learns that a red-headed he’s, um, entertaining the company of has a colorful history with others in the department. Oh, and then there’s that huge bomb regarding Sammy’s baby. Read: Huge.

My Tumblr
My Twitter

Last edited by Chastidy; 01-07-2011 at 11:21 AM