View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 08:55 AM
Barrybgb
Fan Forum Star

Mr. Boogedy/Bride Of Boogedy(86/87) - "Boogedy Boogedy Boo!!"

I LOVED these things as a kid. They aired as part of the ABC Sunday Disney Movie, or Wonderful World Of Disney, or whatever they were calling it in the mid 80's. Lol.

Mr. Boogedy aired in April of 1986. It was only an hour special. It was about the Davis family. Dad moved his family(wife, 2 boys, and older daughter) to Lucifer Falls, New Englnad. He is a gag salesman, and they moved into a very scary, haunted house. They come to find that it is haunted by one Mr.Boogedy, who has a magic cloak, and is further haunted by two friendly spirits from the puritan days. The show starred Richard Masur("License To Drive"), Mimi Kennedy("Dharma And Greg"), John Astin("The Addams Family"), David Faustino("Married With Children"), and Kristy Swanson("Buffy The Vampire Slayer The Movie").

Mr. Boogedy Promo:

A year later, in April 1987, came the follow up : an actual TV movie called "Bride Of Boogedy" :

The Davis family continue to be haunted by Mr. Boogedy in the Disney-esque town of Lucifer Falls. This time, Mr. Davis gets possessed by wearing the magic cloak, and when the real deal shows up, he takes Mrs. Davis as his bride, thinking she was the woman he was in love with. The regulars return, but this one also featured Eugene Levy("SCTV", "American Pie"), and Vincent Schiavelli("Fast Times At Ridgemont High", "Better Off Dead", "Ghost").

These were very cool, special shows to me when I was little. Sadly, they are not available on DVD, and I haven't seen them aired on TV since the mid 90's or so. There are some things available on YouTube.

Bride of Boogedy Intro:

Last edited by Barrybgb; 04-21-2017 at 07:22 AM
Barrybgb is offline   Reply With Quote