View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 02:51 AM
Tictac1016
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I feel the same way. I knew that Ephram and Amy were meant to be together in the end....but it couldn't happen too soon....because that would take away from the drama and the angst. Amy and Ephram were so much more interesting when they were pining for each other....so much more sensual....there was more "heat". (Note the wedding dance and the bat mitsvah dance.) As I have noted many many times....when Ephram and Amy were together (season 3)...they were more like brother and sister than boyfriend and girlfriend. They needed to break up and yearn for each other.
lol,i get what you mean. it's like they need to make some mistakes to realize the fact that they belong with each other

some more quotes between Amy and Ephram from s1:
EPHRAM: Amy. Why are you talking to me?
Amy is shocked by this abrupt question.]
AMY: What?
EPHRAM: I mean, you seem to have enough friends. Why are you going out of your way to make me feel welcome?
AMY: You just gotta kinda tragic, lonely thing going on. I dig it.

AMY: You scare me, Ephram.
EPHRAM: Well, that doesn't sound good.
AMY: No no, I think it is. When you first got here, I know I got to know you for all the wrong reasons. Friendship wasn't exactly at the top of my list. But, as it turns out, you're really funny and weird and now you're like this guy in my life that I care about. Does that make any sense?
EPHRAM: Define "weird".
AMY: I think you just need to cut me some slack once in a while.
EPHRAM: Define "slack".
[Amy smiles and leaves.]

AMY: Maybe. Maybe he never really loved me. And do you know what the worst part is? Worse than the waiting and the operation, the tubes and the machines? Sometimes I think he wasn't just going for a joy ride that day. I think he was running away from me.
EPHRAM: Amy... OK, this is going to sound really lame, but, it's the truth. I know how you feel. For a long time after my mom had her accident, I was sure it was my fault. Blaming yourself, it's just a way to try and make sense of something that will never make sense. When the truth is, it was what it was. An accident.

AMY: Everyone told me it would be hard... seeing Colin. No matter how many times I heard it, I had no idea that it would be this hard.
EPHRAM: He seemed OK.
AMY: You didn't know him. [beat] Now he doesn't know me. It's like he really did die in that accident. How's this for pathetic? I can remember what he wore on our first date. Abercrombie Rugby with his jeans with the bleached spot. He doesn't even know who I am. I built my whole life around memories of us and... He can't even remember my name.
[She's on the verge of tears.]
EPHRAM: Hey, my dad said it just takes a while. I mean, he'll remember eventually. You've just gotta stick it out.
AMY: It's been six months, Ephram. When do I run out? When do I just give up?
EPHRAM: You don't. That's what devotion is, Amy. I mean, I thought you loved him? That's all I've heard about for the last, I don't know, forever. And what, the first day, you just wanna throw in the towel? The truth is, you couldn't give up on him right now, even if you wanted to. Because since the day I met you, you've been loyal to Colin. And when you're loyal to someone, you can't help it.
AMY: How come you're so smart?
EPHRAM: I'm not, believe me. If I was, I would be wearing a warmer jacket right now. And I wouldn't be telling you to go back to your boyfriend.
AMY: Ephram.
EPRHAM: I-I wish it were different. I do. I wish I were here first but, I wasn't. The truth is, he needs you. He needs your help to get better.
Tictac1016 is offline   Reply With Quote