View Single Post
Old 03-02-2005, 10:17 PM
Jerry D
Administrator

The impression given in True Love was that Joey was absolutely miserable with Dawson, and that she was only staying behind due to his ultimatum, and due to a sense of obligation that she had to him. Therefore, even then, Dawson was made out to be the bad guy, and even when he recognized that he had lost her, and he told her that he didn’t want to hold her back, telling her: “You’re free, you can do what you want,” the Dawson haters twisted his words to say that he was acting like he owned Joey, which is a complete lie, and it really angers me to this day that people thought that. Therefore, I completely agree with COOLCAT that if Joey had stayed with Dawson, it wouldn’t have been a choice at all, and he would have been even more vilified than he already was.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote