View Single Post
Old 03-02-2005, 06:26 PM
TrueLovePJer
Extreme Fan

Quote:
but they didn’t destroy Jen’s character to facilitate a Dawson and Joey pairing at the end of Season One
Yeah, but they used her in Season 2 to cause drama. Jen did some shi itty things in Season 2, like coldwater mentioned, that were very similar to Dawson's actions in Season 3, but people were more forgiving of Jen than they were of Dawson.

Quote:
Crossroads
Jen: I want him back.

Abby: God, why?

Jen: 'Cause I love him.

Abby: Look, that's just the booze talking.

Jen: No, I'm serious. I love him and I want him back.

Abby: Alright. Then we're going to get him back for you.
Quote:
The Longest Day
Dawson: I can't let her go.

Jen: Well what else can you do?

Dawson: Fight. You can fight for what you want.
Both were fully aware that the other person was in love with someone else, but instead, because of their own selfish needs and wants, tryed to get back what they lost. The only difference in these two scenarios was Jen was able to redeem herself and Dawson never fully recovered until the Series Finale (imo).

And you know what I just realized...the irony that BOTH Dawson and Andie's characters, the first loves of Joey and Pacey, lost some serious street cred, and as a result, both characters never fully recovered. I never noticed that. Wow.

Quote:
But then conversely look at the big deal they made of their history and their bond, putting it on such a pedastal to such a degree that the impression was left that anyone, in this case Pacey, was only setting themselves up for a world of hurt if they tried to come between it. You even have both Andie and Doug, to a lesser degree, pointing out that fact to him.. They made it seem as if it was inconceivable that Joey could possible fall in love with anyone and have it mean more than or even as much as what she shared with Dawson.And this attitude didn't last just for the last few episodes of s3. It dragged on right through s4 and beyond. So why exactly would Dawson need to be seen making the grand romantic gesture when he already had that in his favour. If anything it was Pacey, who needed all the gestures he could get because the way the writing made it seem he was already starting in the hole because they didn't have a special history or bond he could call on to prove his worth.
I totally agree coldwater! If anyone had to prove his worth, it was Pacey. He was up against THE Dawson Leery. It's tough to actively pursue a girl when someone else has already declared her their soulmate don't you think?

Pacey and Joey

Proud NikitaWitter Avie User
TrueLovePJer is offline   Reply With Quote