View Single Post
Old 03-02-2005, 12:20 PM
TrueLovePJer
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I disagree.I think the problem with the triangle wasn't the concept, it was the execution.
Ok, that's fine, but I was talking about the general concept of love triangles and how they ultimately will cause problems no matter how much you sugar coat it.

Quote:
I do think she was also shown as someone who could have been seen as someone who tended to jerk Dawson around. Wanting him one moment then breaking up with him then wanting him back again when she realised he was interested in someone else and then in season 2 trying to come on to Dawson while he was still with Joey to try and break them up. So I think it's open to interpretation whether she was always shown in a positive light.
I agree. I also think the difference in Season 1 love triangle and Season 3 love triangle is Pacey and Dawson were put into competition with the fan base since the pilot (and both Kevin Williamson and Paul Stupin have acknowledged this on the commentary and were aware that some people would associate more with the "fun loving bad boy", while others would associate with "the dreamer"). And when Season 3 came along, there was more to base the characters on because of what was displayed on screen from the first two seasons, as oppose to Season 1 when we were suppose to just accept the situations given to us. And not to mention there was so much more at stake in the Season 3 love triangle. The Season 1 love triangle was an amatuer compared to Season 3. There was just so much more emotion involved and the kids were older, that the Season 1 love triangle was for babies and for people who don't even know what the word "love" means and for those who aren't even mature enough to handle what a real relationship consists of. So you really couldn't have done the Season 3 love triangle like Season 1.

Pacey and Joey

Proud NikitaWitter Avie User
TrueLovePJer is offline   Reply With Quote