View Single Post
Old 03-02-2005, 10:25 AM
smoothaise
Elite Fan

Jerry I totally agree with you on everything you said. Your right ... Dawson was safe, and Pacey was "alive" ... fairly obvious the direction they were going in. Making Dawson the enemy ... not needed. They were both two nice guys ... and to deman one of them, and build up another ... it seemed so forced. Seeing Dawson become a supporting role the year after and P/J the main focus ... I hated that. I thought that the triangle shoved the show in a horrible direction, taking focus off of what it should have stayed on. Dawson's journey became a side story ... and Joey took center stage ... it wasn't the way to go. I never really got over that. I rewatched S4 and ya know ... it wasn't the show I grew to love ... it was different. It felt like a spin-off, as well as S3.

Jerry's right ... if the characters were left as is ... then the audience would have been torn and the decision wouldn't have been as easy. Also ... if Joey gave Dawson a chance ... then maybe we would have had more to fight for.

And yeah ... pacey was just as calculating as Dawson ... they both played on her emotions ... Pacey won. Nough said. All you P/Jers can argue different ... I personally liked both couples ... so, I'm not leading in one direction.

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote