View Single Post
Old 03-02-2005, 07:28 AM
Jaycee
Loyal Fan

I know we're already onto The Longest Day thread, but my posts were answered and I think it's rude not to come back and respond!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jerry D*
The way that Pacey “got to Joey,” in Stolen Kisses, in my humble opinion, was when he walked out on Dawson and Joey singing in the barn, and he got exactly the reaction that he wanted from Joey,
How do you know that was exactly the reaction he wanted, though? You don't. Joey is singing with Dawson. Pacey quietly leaves the room and you think he expects her to let the others see her leaving to follow him? Especially when he knows she doesn't want the others suspecting anything? I don't think it makes much sense. I think that's some of your residual anger from way back then shining through! (lol)

Quote:
and I feel that he forced the issue with her.
By getting her to admit how she felt? Who followed who outside after karaoke? Who again went out to find Pacey without any kind of prompting later before the final kiss? Pacey didn't force anything. It was a situation that they both knew they needed to discuss - especially after the '10' kiss. Why do you think Joey actually tried to tell Dawson before being interrupted by Aunt Gwen? He didn't ask her or hint or force her to tell Dawson about them did he? I think he had every right to ask Joey what was going on with them and how she felt.

Quote:
I feel that anyone who has even a modicum of sympathy towards Dawson is going to be maligned here.
I don't mind sympathy for Dawson as long as it's well placed and fitting. I can feel sympathy for Dawon over this situation - doesn't make him any less of a prick because of the way he acted. I don't think I malign anyone here who supports Dawson. I just want them to justify their points, with some logic and it's frustrating when they can't or won't and ignore valid arguments that knocks holes in theirs.

Quote:
but Pacey also said some very mean things to him, but that always gets lost in the sea of Pacey adoration and Dawson hatred here.
No, I don't think it does. I've seen posts from P/Jers who acknowledge when Pacey is wrong. I'm one of them, but what does get lost by the D/J fans a lot is that it's usually Dawson who provokes these verbal attacks! He starts being mean first and Pacey ends up having to defend himself by being mean back!

Quote:
I just post my old commentaries in case anyone might want to read them, but maybe that's not such a good idea, judging from the reaction that my posts get. Oh well.
That's because they are your old commentaries, Jerry, mostly full of negativity about Pacey and Joey. I've read a few previous old ones you've posted and they hadn't been backed up with what you currently felt about what went on then - but you have done it with this one about Stolen Kisses.

Quote:
I just don’t have the energy to debate these old issues anymore, at least not like I used to.
That's a great shame, Jerry. I'm not quite there yet as you can obvioulsy tell! But the bursts of energy and urges for debate has dwindled to some extent in me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *COOLCAT200*
Jaycee I did not mean to ignore the post you made as you are right I disagree with some of the points on Pacey being calculating but I think he was clear as he admitted the only reason he came was because of Joey.
Check the definitions!

*• selfishly scheming.
*• tending to control situations for your own advantage in a way that is slightly unpleasant and causes people not to trust you:
*• a. Shrewd; crafty: the calculating defense of an experienced attorney.
b. Coldly scheming or conniving.

Those definitions are not indicative of Pacey's actions in this ep!

Quote:
Sure maybe he was not planning on Kissing her
And if he wasn't planning on kissing her - which he wasn't then he definitely wasn't being calculating. You do understand the definition of the word, don't you?

Quote:
but maybe he thought something could happen.
Maybe? That is of your own surmising then, isn't it?
Definition of surmise: a message expressing an opinion based on incomplete evidence.

Your comment has no basis in anything we saw in this ep! In fact, we heard from Pacey's own lips that he didn't expect anything!
Pacey: I came here to be with you! It's as simple as that. I mean, when you like somebody, proximity is a good thing, regardless of how they feel about you. Or don't, as the case may be.

He believed she didn't feel the same way and if he believe that nothing could happen, if he believed that Joey didn't feel the same way, then, Jerry and Coolcat, he couldn't have been calculating as to how he could 'get to' her or pursue her. Therefore, CoolCat, when you say...

Quote:
...If he had not gone he knew surly nothing would have happened. He admitted he could not get rid of his feelings for Joey so he had to be hoping on the trip something would maybe happen(maybe)...
...You are again making things up. You can't read his mind. You can only go by what was said and done or even implied on screen. And onscreen, we saw Pacey, in Neverland, admit kissing her was a mistake and agree that it was nothing, more importantly Joey seemed adamant about it too. Then, in his frustration, prompted by Joey's questioning he said, and I quote again, 'I mean, when you like somebody, proximity is a good thing, regardless of how they feel about you. Or don't, as the case may be.'
He was NOT hoping something would happen on the trip. He just wanted to be near the girl he loved even if he believed there was no chance of them being together.
It's not unlike Dawson's (almost intense and scary) pursuit of Jen in S1 when she was dating Cliff. Dawson still wanted her but she didn't want him, but it didn't stop him going to the dance, did it?

Dawson: I'm going to the dance.
Joey: What?
Dawson: It's my only recourse.
Joey: Why?
Dawson: 'Cause Jen is there.

Except we KNOW he had a calculated plan to try and kiss her...

Dawson: I'm the one who should be kissing her, Joey. Not some JCrew ad. I can do it. I can make my bottom lip dance tonight. It's going to happen. I am going to kiss the girl.

There you have evidence of calculation. In Stolen Kisses you don't.