View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 09:27 PM
tidbit2008
Master Fan

Aloha, Auf Wiedersehen, Au Revoir, Sayonara and all those Goodbye things...

A place to say goodbye and remember all the great times shared.
One last hurrah to celebrate the amazing show that was Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip.

Quote:
Lights Out For The Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip Board

Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip was a rare show, one that effortlessly combined humor and drama, strong acting with sharp and witty writing and showed friendship as it should be in the workplace. The show meant a lot to Avery and I and the board similarly means very much. However, it is unrealistic to think that a board for a show that was only able to survive (however brilliantly) for one season would be able to stay active indefinitely.

Since the board was opened on Halloween of 2006 we have watched it go from a thriving place to one that is slow, lacking in the conversation it once had. We have thus far been able to adhere to the post count rules but we know that we won’t be able to much longer. In the spirit of the show that ended with much more left to say but with satisfying conclusion, we’ve opted to say goodbye to the board rather than let it dwindle and forcibly close. The decision to do this has been difficult for Avery and myself both because we still love the show and admire the creative professionals behind it and also because the posters we have now and have had in the past are beautiful people and we are both happy to have conversed with them.

We’d like the thank the Management Team for helping us with the closure but most of all we’d like to thank all the members of Fan Forum who posted at the Studio 60 board. The board could never have outlived the show two years without yall's love for the show and the enthusiasm each one of you has put into posting with us, however long or brief that may have been. To those of you who were there in the beginning when we waited with bated breath to learn the fate of our beloved show, and to those who've been there since to celebrate an amazing show that was canceled too soon, thank you for everything.

We would love you to come by and share your love of the show, the episodes and the actors with us before the board closure on July 5th. There will be a topped thread where anyone who might want to can come and say goodbye if they wish to do so.

Mandy (KervyQT16) & Avery (tidbit2008)
I love you but, I don't even know why

Last edited by tidbit2008; 06-28-2009 at 09:39 PM