View Single Post
Old 02-25-2005, 05:09 PM
Subject
Banned

Wow, that is is a powerful post. I agree with the last statement the most.

Quote:
They've remained young at heart somehow, because they can still see fairy dust where I see flour.
Fairy Dust... nice choice of words. It does take a young heart to believe in something that you can not see. However, that is what faith is. Believing... much as with some science. Like gravity.. I can not see it but I believe that it exsists. It is my faith in that idea that holds some things together in a way.

People need something to believe in something to hope for, to reach for. Let that be God, let that be love, let that be others. As long as your faith and believe doesn't hurt or cause harm to others in anyway I won't have a real problem with it.

Mankind has always been afraid of what it doesn't understand... That is our true great weakness. The failure to trust and to try and understand without mocking. I hope that I can live to see the day when crimes of hate are a rare thing indeed.

I will say this and some of you may not understand but I believe in war. I think war is a needed thing at times. While war does cost lives and affects people on a grand scale. That is the point, the fact that it affects people. That war can show people the true horrors of their crimes, of their hate. It can show us why we have to stand together not as one nation or one world but as one species. When a crime is done to one of us it should affect the other no matter how small.

Right now a huge crime is being done. Homosexuals are being denied the right to declare their love. How can people see that as a good thing? If we deny love, what is left?