View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 08:45 AM
everwoodfan52
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
The way that Jacob talks about Andy to Ephram, undermining Andy behind his back, just makes my skin crawl. Andy may not always be the father he's trying to be, but MAN this guy...I'm actually surprised that Ephram doesn't think it's more awkward that this man is taking shots at his father every ten seconds. I mean, I know he doesn't like Andy all the time either, but wouldn't that make you uncomfortable?
I still have to rewatch the episode....but I don't remember actually seeing Jacob criticising Andy in front of Ephram. I remember the criticism being done in private?

I really felt for the Hoffmans. Can you imagine how difficult it was for them? They lost their daughter....I don't think there could be a greater heartbreak than losing your child. Here we have their grandchildren...taken away from them across the country...by a dad that really didn't do much for them up until this time.
The Hoffmans had to invite themselves to visit their own grandchildren. I can honestly see why Jacob wanted to have a piece of Ephram in New York....especially when he saw how unhappy he was. I'm sure that broke his heart.

Quote:
And like Jacob's frickin' parenting would work for more than five minutes. Being Ephram's pal? Come on, he wouldn't last ten seconds in Andy's shoes with the crap that Andy has to put up with from Ephram. He wouldn't know how to handle the snark, the yelling. He just hasn't seen any of it because he's only been around the kid for less than 20 hours when he's in a good mood. dynamic that Jacob and Ephram have if I had all that going for me.
I don't know if there would be the same snark with Jacob. Ephram seemed to have much more respect for his grandfather than for Andy. Jacob didn't yell at Ephram (which really doesn't work!). He talked to him. Remember in the grocery story? He told Ephram that his behavior was childish. Ephram seemed to understand. That is probably the best way to handle Ephram. Speak your peace calmly, reasonably, and assertively.....Ephram wouldn't have a chance to snark!