View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 11:28 PM
'Tos
Master Fan

I always liked the actors who played the grandparents a lot. I really do wish, probably above anyone, that they came back. They really could have been used a lot more. They're not just a reminder of Julia, they're not just a stumbling block to Andy/Ephram, they're grandparents! Come on. Even just more Nonny and Edna fun. That could be a sitcom right there!

Do people in small towns REALLY leave their doors unlocked?

Jacob's "This kid's good" to Ben saying he can't go to the fly-fishing with his dad is genius.

The way that Jacob talks about Andy to Ephram, undermining Andy behind his back, just makes my skin crawl. Andy may not always be the father he's trying to be, but MAN this guy...I'm actually surprised that Ephram doesn't think it's more awkward that this man is taking shots at his father every ten seconds. I mean, I know he doesn't like Andy all the time either, but wouldn't that make you uncomfortable?

And like Jacob's frickin' parenting would work for more than five minutes. Being Ephram's pal? Come on, he wouldn't last ten seconds in Andy's shoes with the crap that Andy has to put up with from Ephram. He wouldn't know how to handle the snark, the yelling. He just hasn't seen any of it because he's only been around the kid for less than 20 hours when he's in a good mood. AGH! He just frustrates the out of me, how high and mighty he comes off. Ephram would be pulling the exact same stuff if he was in New York with Jacob as a father figure and Nonny as the mother figure. Andy isn't the problem. At this point, Ephram is. Jacob is making things work with Ephram during a two day vacation, which is the first time he's seen Ephram in months, taking a shot at Ephram's enemy #1 every chance he gets, and is a man that Ephram doesn't have to fight with because he's got Andy there as a buffer. I could have the kind of dynamic that Jacob and Ephram have if I had all that going for me.

Whew! Now I know how Betty feels with the frustration with Amy's treatment towards Ephram. Or how Thief feels with Amy all the time, heh.

There are some rude people in Everwood. First, Reverand Keyes basically shoves Andy out the door in the last episode, and now the MEOW turns on the TV while Andy is talking. I don't like Nonny's attitude towards Edna much, but man..maybe this place does need a few lessons in manners. Although that scene between Edna and Nonny when Delia is asleep is beautiful stuff.

Ah, Ephram butting into the Colin/Amy/Harts thing. Like father, like son.

"She'll forget her. She's too young. How will she remember how lucky she was?" Maybe Nonny isn't so full of the wisdom she thinks she is. From the very first episode until the last, from the hats to the crush on Bright, from Britney and the in-crowd, from the cute lines to the temper tantrums, the one thing that will always stay constant for Delia Brown is that hold to her mother.

Alright, since I want to currently stab Jacob Hoffman in the eye with the pen on my desk, I think I should go back on my desire to have the grandparents back. I don't think I could take it. Maybe Nonny.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood