View Single Post
Old 02-21-2005, 11:18 AM
UnsilentMajorty
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel Irony
Funny, I'd never seen the WB site before. I like that little promo vid they have... VM is from the producers of the Matrix and Lethal Weapon?
Yes. Joel Silver (Silver Pictures) produced "The Matrix" as well as the "Lethal Weapon" movies and a slew of the other Hollywood bluckbuster action films like "Demolition Man" and others.

He is one reason I think VM has lasted this long more than anything else (even if UPN, Rob Thomas and others aren't saying anything).

The man has a lot of clout in the industry and if he wants a show to be on the air... Even if "no one" is watching it, I.E. the critics are, normal people are, but apparently the Nielsen families aren't... It is going to stay on the air for at least one season.

I also believe that it is just the "luck of the draw" and fortuitous timing that is allowing Joel Silver and others to keep this shown on the air with regard to UPN trying to redfine itself and needing critically aclaimed shows like VM as well as the decline in so-called Reality TV as well.

----

Here is the Bell Family Website:

http://www.tomsnet.net/

It is most likely run by her uncle (probably her father's brother) and has almost zero relation to VM other than Kristen herself and the accomplishments the Bell family is listing on the site.

It is not a fansite or information site. Please do not e-mail them asking about VM, Kristen, keeping VM on the air, etc.
UnsilentMajorty is offline   Reply With Quote