View Single Post
Old 02-21-2005, 10:46 AM
TrueLovePJer
Extreme Fan

Sorry for the double post, but I didn't see Jerry D's post until after I posted and I have something to comment on.

Quote:
People later complained about how calculating Dawson was by staging the “Anti-Prom” to get to Joey, but Pacey was every bit as calculating in this episode in my humble opinion
I completely disagree with this statement. How was Pacey in any shape or form calculating the way Dawson was in "Anti-Prom"? I know this should be saved for the "Anti-Prom" discussion, but it was brought up now, so I felt the need to comment on it. The difference between Dawson getting to Joey and Pacey getting to Joey was Dawson KNEW Joey had feelings for Pacey in "Anti-Prom", but was so incredibly selfish that he organized the Anti-Prom, not with the intention to help Jack, who it initially began with, but in an attempt to win Joey back. The only reason Joey agreed to go with him in the first place was because he said it was to get their friendship back on track and what better way than fulfilling a pact by two best friends. If he hadn't said that and played on her emotion, as per usual, she probably wouldn't have gone with him. And of course Dawson says all these fine words with an alterior motive. In "Stolen Kisses", Pacey didn't have some master plan to win Joey over or anything, like Dawson did. Everything just happened. I honestly don't think Pacey formulated some secret plan to win Joey, but at the same time, invite his childhood friend. It doesn't give a lot of time to bond if you are trying to manipulate a girl's feelings, now does it? So I don't Pacey at all had this motive, unlike Dawson, who knew full well what he was doing.

Pacey and Joey

Proud NikitaWitter Avie User
TrueLovePJer is offline   Reply With Quote