View Single Post
Old 02-21-2005, 10:15 AM
*Krissy*
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid-Angel
I was just about to say that, Wingnut. How werid it that? Talkin' about Alexander's cause of death, eh? There are sooo many theroies. I watched this thing on the Discovery Channel called 'Who killed Alexander the Great' i'm sure some else has seen it.

They used a detective and gave the theory that Alexander had become ill from overdosing on this root herb stuff they used back then to make people better. But small dose can be harmful and taking more then required causes death in the way Alexander died. They think he was trying to speed up his recovery for his next move into india.

i thought that theroy sounded like a winner, but it doesn't give as much juicy drama if scandal assanations are thrown in.
I was just going to say this.
I saw it too. They said Alexander was phyically and emotionally ill, from battle and Haephastion's death, and they were trying to speed up his recovery by giving him too much of this "medication" (I don't remember what it was exactly) and it ended up killing him. It did sound like a pretty good theory, but I guess we'll never really know.

Icon by Elya