View Single Post
Old 02-19-2005, 09:21 PM
TheMovieGrrl
Extreme Fan

wow, what a coincedence. lol, considering how we're chatting about it now.

I know this subject kind of bleeds between lat 80s early 90s but does anyone remember Swan's Crossing? I can't remember exactly what date, except that Sarah Michelle Gellar was in it as well as one of the girls from SVH

Okay, so I'm little obsessed with the cover art and storylines of these 80s horror teen books. LoL. It's total nostalgia factor, and I just love how it's soo different in style to what we're kind of use to seeing now on the covers of most young adult fics. I think there is more emphasis on texture, and style...whereas, I think in the 80s most YA books were meant to be just amusing, or intriguing. Here are a couple of images from the Twilight Series I've been mentioning.

I thought they look really cheesy now, but as a kid I remember looking at those covers and thinking... "I gotta read what that book is about!" LOL.

ETA: As hard as it is to believe now, these twilight book series are rare, and hard to find, mostly--imo--because they were the first of their genre (horror) that became a steady series for young adults...I think this paved way for more marketable series like the R.L. Stine and Christopher Pike books which I love!

I thought for fun we could maybe post some images of some of our favorite 80s book cover art, and maybe talk about it